Friday, August 20, 2010

The Really Big Ass Book Sale

Our local Literacy Association has a huge, huge, HUGE book sale every year for a fundraiser.  It's unbelievable.  Anyone who questions Americans' interest in reading needs to attend this event.  Something like 20,000 people show up every year, which makes shopping the sale a yeoman's effort.  I have a love/hate relationship with the thing.  I hate dealing with the crowd, but it warms my heart.

In past years, I haven't really made out that well at the sale. I get a handful of books for dirt cheap, but I don't really get a truckload of stuff that I want...because I'm never prepared.  Alas, this year I have a list of about 40 books, plus a handful of books for wifey, and a long list of books for my son.

They are also allowing early entrance this year for a fee, and I'm going to give that a try...unless it already looks like sheer madness at 7am (and it might), in which case I'll just wait for regular entry, and fight the crowd. I'm 6'4, 250lbs.  I'm kind of hard to push around.

Really Big Ass Book Sale, Here I come.

No comments:

Post a Comment